If you’re a busy person, you probably feel like you don’t have time to get your daily serving of greens. Luckily, a powdered greens supplement makes your greens portable and non-perishable, all while offering you many of the same benefits of fresh greens.
Most of these powders include more than just greens–you can choose powders that come infused with coconut oil, spirulina, probiotics, and other superfoods. In this article, we’ll help you choose the best tasting greens powder that also includes all the nutrients you need.
Table of Contents
3 Best Green Superfood Powders
Our Top 5 Picks For Best Superfood Greens Powder
This supplement is perfect for those who have trouble filling in their nutritional gaps or for people who prefer to get their vital nutrients all in one meal. Greens Hx is easily mixed with water and can be taken once or twice daily.
Greens Hx supplies high-density nutrition, supports both the immune and digestive systems, and is great for both kids and adults. This product contains plant extracts from 39 super foods which include herbs, vegetables, fruits, spices and is sweetened with stevia.
Invite® Health is a vitamin and supplement company that’s built upon the mission of helping people to integrate vitamins into their lives as well as celebrate everyone’s vision of wellness. Invite Health has been a lead innovator in the nutritional supplement industry for over 20 years and offers products which range from multivitamins and superfoods to beauty products, anti-aging supplements, and more.
For some people, the best greens powder is something that can be taken easily with them. This unique powder doesn’t come in canisters like many choices on the list. Rather, it comes in easy on-the-go pouches that make it easy to tuck into a purse or suitcase. Its ingredient profile is simple but high quality–you get 2000 mg of spirulina, 1000 mg of matcha, a full 3000 IU of Vitamin D, and 400 mg of magnesium.
The fact that this manufacturer lists what’s in each dose is refreshing. Many of these blends are proprietary, so you have no way of knowing exactly how much of each ingredient you get.
This green supplement’s label covers its vitamin content, and it also lets you know what active ingredients are present:
- Organic spirulina–This unique green is high in both protein and antioxidants, and it helps make this supplement a balanced one.
- Matcha–This powdered, concentrated green tea promotes energy and focus. It’s also rich in antioxidants.
- Organic barley grass–This ingredient has been used since ancient times. Like spirulina, it also is very high in protein and several essential vitamins and minerals.
- Spinach leaf–Spinach is rich in iron and other minerals, and taking it in a powder form is a very easy way to get a serving or more per day.
- Rhodiola extract–This herb is an adaptogen, and it has been used for centuries to help treat depression, fatigue, and anxiety.
- Beet root extract–Beets are rich in several different nutrients, and some research even suggests that they can improve exercise performance. Not everyone likes their texture, so consuming them in powder form is often easier.
- Broccoli seed extract–This extract gives you many of the benefits of cruciferous vegetables in a concentrated form. It primarily has a very strong antioxidant effect.
- Vitamin K2–This vitamin is mainly found in plant sources, and this supplement includes extra in order to make sure you are consuming enough.
When it comes to finding the best organic greens powder, many people prefer smaller ingredients lists.
This 30-serving bottle is fairly affordable, and it lets you easily achieve your daily value of veggies even on very busy days. Its simple ingredient list includes six green superfoods:
- Wheatgrass–This classic superfood can boost energy and offer plenty of nutrients.
- Barley Grass–This is an immune booster that helps support thyroid health.
- Moringa–This plant powder is very high in protein and several vitamins.
- Baobab–This high-fiber plant may aid in digestion, and it has several other health benefits.
- Spirulina–This unusually nutrient-rich powder is a mainstay of many green supplement powders.
- Chlorella–This plant is a powerful antioxidant, and it also can bond to heavy metals, removing them from the body.
Keto Greens Powder with MCTs provides your body with nutrition from 26 fruits and vegetables and contains MCTs and ketones to fuel your brain and power you through the day. This product provides customers with a delicious and convenient way to consume an adequate amount of micronutrients to optimize their health in all areas.
Keto Greens Powder contains blends of organic greens, antioxidants, and organic berries along with enzymes and amino acids to aid absorption. This product is naturally sweetened with stevia and also contains MCTs to provide a quick, long-lasting source of energy.
Adults should take one scoop of powder each day with water. This product can also be easily mixed into other drinks as well as meals to help boost their nutritional value.
Perfect Keto claims to be the only company to do keto right through its use of real food ingredients and doctor-developed products. Perfect Keto’s mission is to help people achieve optimal health through the use of the ketogenic diet as an entry point. The company offers products such as collagen, protein powder, ketones, superfood products, and healthy snacks which benefit both those who follow a ketogenic diet and those who don’t.
This green juice powder is designed to support total body and mental health. It includes several classic superfoods, as well as ingredients from traditional medicine:
- Wheatgrass–This is a grass commonly juiced for its energy benefits.
- Spirulina–This plant protein also has plenty of iron and calcium.
- Mint–Mint is refreshing and also helps with indigestion.
- Moringa–This powder is rich in all essential amino acids.
- Matcha–This powdered green tea is a natural energy and focus booster.
- Ashwagandha–This natural herb is an adaptogen, meaning it helps your body reduce stress and adapt to change.
- Lemon–Lemon helps stabilize blood sugar and is a natural appetite suppressant.
- Coconut Water–This is a great natural source of electrolytes/
- Turmeric–This spice is known for its antioxidant-rich properties.
- Beets–These ingredients are rich in manganese and folate.
- Chlorella–This leafy green is a potent antioxidant.
What are Superfoods Powders?
Some Frequently Asked Questions
There’s an incredible variety of green powders and superfood supplements on the market, and this can make it confusing when you’re trying to pick the best one for you. Below are some of the questions that many first-time buyers have.
What Exactly is a Green Powder or Superfood Powder?
As you’ve seen on the list above, most “green powders” do not only include greens. A basic greens powder will have dried leafy greens that are made into a powder form. This powder can be stirred into water, juice, smoothies, and other drinks. However, as the supplement industry has grown, many people have preferred all-inclusive supplements to ones with fewer ingredients. Because of this preference, many greens powders also contain additional, non-green superfoods, which are foods that are especially healthy and rich in nutrients. In the next section, we’ll look at some common examples of superfoods.
You might think that it’s better to just obtain your greens and superfoods through a healthy diet. This is ideal, and these supplements aren’t designed to compensate for a consistently poor diet. However, powdered supplements are convenient and portable, so they make consuming healthy foods and greens convenient even when you’re very busy.
What is a Superfood?
“Superfood” was initially developed as a marketing term, but there are several nutrient-dense foods that can properly be called “superfoods.” Usually, these foods have several health benefits, and most are rich in one or more essential vitamins or nutrients. Here are some common ones:
- Leafy greens (kale, chard, collard greens, etc.)
- Green tea
- Yogurts and other probiotic sources
- Sweet potatoes
Superfood Powder Benefits
Whether you want to find green powders for smoothies or make up for nutritional deficiencies, superfood powders have several benefits. Many of these foods support digestive health, energy, and a general sense of well-being. Many people believe that it’s best to eat these foods in their fresh form. However, a dry powder means that you get a wide variety of different superfoods in each small serving–in order to have the same daily variety of fresh foods, you’d likely have a packed fridge.
Powders also are very easy to take on the go. Even if you care about nutrition, it can be hard to stay on track while traveling or working long hours. A superfoods powder can help you make up for any dietary deficiencies you have. You also usually can’t find wheatgrass, barley grass, and other less-common greens in most grocery stores–powdered supplements make them much more accessible to many.
Greens Powder vs Multivitamin
As you shop for a superfood powder organic option, you may see that some powders offer many of the vitamins you commonly see in multivitamin supplements. You might think that you’re better off just buying a multivitamin, but some research has suggested that nutrients and vitamins from food absorb more naturally than those taken in pill form.
Green powders also aren’t necessarily designed to be multivitamins–they’re designed to give you energy, focus, and support digestive health by supplementing your diet with easy-to-eat superfoods. Just like a multivitamin, these powders are meant to help you fill in any gaps in your diet. If you want the best of both worlds, you may want to take both a multivitamin and a greens/superfood supplement each day. Neither is designed to provide all vitamins that you need, but taking both is a great choice when you want to make sure you don’t have any deficiencies.
Are Greens Powders a Waste of Money?
If you are someone who can regularly eat a variety of fresh greens, then it might be possible that adding even the best greens powder is unnecessary. However, if you’re busy and often can’t find the time to eat a variety of fresh greens, a powder is a smart investment–it lets you keep your nutrition on track even when you don’t have the ability to cook nutritious meals.
If you’re someone who wants to have more energy or someone who doesn’t always have the time to prepare and eat fresh greens, a powdered greens supplement can be a great way to get the nutrition you’re missing. The good news is that you can choose from a huge variety–you may want a basic powdered greens supplement, or you might prefer an all-inclusive supplement that includes additional enzymes, probiotics, and fiber supplements. Be sure to carefully read labels and take your time making a selection, and you’ll be well on your way to feeling much healthier and happier.